Where to Eat in Steamboat Colorado on Your Ski Trip
Posted by Admin on
Restaurant picks in Steamboat that are perfect for ski families or a date night for mom.
Steamboat is an incredible place for a family vacation and it's not just because of the snow--the town of Steamboat Springs offers foodies an incredible array of options. We've got ideas that are perfect for families and a few that are better for date night for mom and dad. Check out our picks and let me know YOU'RE favorites so we can add them to the list.
Related: Ski Steamboat for family fun
On Mountain Dining at Steamboat
One of the many things to love about the Steamboat experience is the awesome base area. There are dozens of restaurants and bars to enjoy before or after your ski day.
- Paramount: This spot is perfect for breakfast or lunch. Get a smoothie packed with goodness or a perfect espresso. I also loved the hearty salmon bowl--smoked salmon on a huge bed of greens. We found the burrito bowl a little bland, but the setting is cool and the staff is very friendly. Located right at the base near the beginner's meeting area. 1865 Ski Time Square Dr, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. (970) 879-1170
- Truffle Pig: Located right in the base area, this is a food-forward spot with a terrific bar tender. The gentleman behind the bar made a custom mocktail for my teenage daughter to start. It was sophisticated and delicious. As for the food, that's stellar too. We started with a burrata salad and then split a perfect vegetable ravioli dish. For dessert we enjoyed a stacked high key lime pie--delish and worth the splurge! One Steamboat Place, 2250 Apres Ski Way, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Book on OpenTable or call (970) 879-7470.
Steamboat Springs Restaurant Picks
I was lucky to land on two great dinners in the Steamboat Springs area. To get there, our hotel, the Steamboat Grand, provides a shuttle, there is also public transportation. If you plan to drive, parking is plentiful. For these popular spots, definitely make a reservation.
- Besame: This was my favorite meal of the trip. We started with non-alcohol mojitos and they were divine! Next up were small plates which included the Cuban bread--perfectly toasted with with a fiery tomato dipping sauce. Then expertly roasted jalepenos. You can stick to shareable small plates or move onto the larger portions. We opted for tacos and the sublime fried rice. They call it refined Latin-fusion fare, I call it awesome--book ahead--this is a popular spot. Box 883427, 818 Lincoln Ave, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Book on OpenTable or call (970) 761-2561
- Primrose: This spot is a new addition to the food scene in Steamboat. It's fun laid-back spot with an open kitchen and huge bar. The staff is friendly and fun--they won't be shy on sharing opinions. I started with a drink called 6 O'Clock somewhere, it was sophisticated but also playful. I also loved my hamachi crudo appetizer. There's also a nice wine list. 1110 Yampa St Suite 100, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Book on OpenTable or call (970) 761-2860.
More mom-recommended spots to eat in Steamboat Springs
I haven't been to these, but they have been crowd-sourced by our ski mom community on Facebook.
- Salt and Lime: Upbeat Mexican hangout with a rooftop patio serving classic eats with beer, cocktails & tequila. This is the spot to get the most amazing tacos (try the cauliflower one). The drinks are delish too! 628 Lincoln Ave, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Book on OpenTable or call (970) 871-6277.
- Mambo Italiano: Snug, relaxed eatery providing housemade pastas & seasonal Italian dishes, plus a bar & patio. Perfect for the family. 521 Lincoln Ave, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Book on OpenTable or call (970) 870-0500.
- Cafe Diva: Hearty New American dining, with some game & vegetarian options, in a relaxed yet elegant space. 1855 Ski Time Square Dr, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Book on OpenTable or call (970) 871-0508.
- 8th Street Steakhouse: Guests choose & grill their own steaks & seafood at this roomy, Western-style venue with a full bar. Book on OpenTable or call (970) 879-3131.
More Foodie Fun in Steamboat
- Specialized Delivery Service: For those of you going to Steamboat and are too exhausted to eat out we LOVE this service! This is a delivery service. Service charges are already included in pricing. Check it out here www.sbdmenus.com
- Soda Fountain: Visit the soda fountain at Lyon's Corner Drug in the downtown area. 840 Lincoln Ave, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
- Off the Beaten Path Bookstore and Café: A wonderful independent book store with an in-store cafe. 68 9th St, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
MORE FUN IN THE MOUNTAINS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel features. Be sure to follow our Ski Moms Pinterest Board.