These Roasted Peaches are the best way to enjoy the bountiful peach season! Enjoy the blast of sweet, floral, and citrusy flavors that would make any peach lover’s dream come true. They are delicious on their own but they also pair beautifully with fresh raspberries on the side and topped with vegan ice cream. They'll be all yours in less than 15 minutes! There is nothing like juicy and plump summer fruits for making ideal desserts! Peaches are perfect for preparing both sweet and savory recipes. The fruit provides an excellent source of vitamins and minerals that is good for the body. If you love the sweet, juicy taste of raw peaches, then you will absolutely fall in love with this roasted version teeming with buttery, syrupy, and zesty flavors with a hint of vanilla and served with some sweet and tarty berries. Make it into the ultimate summer treat by serving it "a la Mode" with your fave vegan ice cream!
Health Benefits of PeachesWe all want to serve delicious food to our families and friends. However, the recipe's nutritional worth is equally important. Peaches are a great way to add variety to your diet. Fiber, potassium, and vitamins A and C are all abundant in this fruit. They're low in calories and make an excellent breakfast or snack. A peach a day will provide you with the required fiber intake to help you feel fuller and more energized. Delicious and nutritious, what more can you ask for, right?
Best Peaches for RoastingFor the tastiest Roasted Peaches, use ripe, fresh, slightly soft yellow peaches. Unripe peaches will be less juicy, a bit bland, and not as sweet. Also, the fruit should give you a fragrant smell. I usually take them in my hand and squeeze them gently. It isn't ready if it has a firm or hard feel to it. The exterior of a ripe peach should be dark yellow in color.
Roasted Peaches IngredientsThis recipe requires a few pantry staples in addition to the fruits. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yellow peaches - This recipe needs 4 large ripe yellow peaches. Wash and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut them in half and remove the pit. Keep the skin on, that’s where a lot of nutrients are.
- Lemon juice - A squeeze of lemon will further enhance the natural flavor of the peaches, and will help balance their sweetness.
- Granulated Sugar - The roasted peach gets its caramelized flavor from granulated sugar. It also gives the dark yellow fruit a rich finish, making it more pleasing to the eye.
- Vegan Butter - The butter melts and combines with the sugars, encasing the peaches in a light buttery syrup.
- Vanilla Extract - Gives a little additional punch of flavor and aroma. For best results, use high-quality extract instead of flavoring.
- Raspberries - They are known for their bright red color and delicious, juicy flavor. The red and yellow hues of these two fruits are simply stunning.
How to make the Roasted Peaches?It's very simple to execute and yields the most luscious caramelized sweetness; the roasted peaches transform into something truly incredible!
Tools to use:
- Peach Pitter or a sharp knife for removing the pit and slicing.
- Baking dish or mixing bowl for combining the ingredients.
- Baking sheet to layout the peaches for roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, combine the lemon juice, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla. Brush the mixture on the peach halves. To get a well-flavored dish, make sure they're well coated. On a baking sheet, place the cut-side down. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn the peaches over and brush the tops with the remaining mixture. Allow for another 7 to 12 minutes. This will add a layer of caramelized and roasted taste to the dish.
- Lastly, serve warm with a drizzle of sauce and a handful of raspberries on top
Serving variations and add-ins
- A generous scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream on top will make this recipe even more exquisite. The combination of cool, silky smooth ice cream and warm, sweet, filling, and buttery soft roasted peaches is divine!
- You may use as many toppings as you want. There are no limits to the garnishes you can use. Consider blueberries, cherries, and strawberries, to name a few. These fruits really pair well with roasted peaches.
- These grilled peaches would also be delicious with a dollop of coconut whipped cream or a spoonful of Greek yogurt on top! Yum!
- You can also garnish them with walnuts, almonds, or toasted pecans to give it a crunchy texture with each bite.
How to store leftover peaches?
- Roasted Peaches. Peaches baked in the oven are also wonderful the next day! To store in the refrigerator, place your Roasted Peaches in an airtight container for four to five days. Microwave them cut side up in a bowl or on a plate for 30 seconds or more if necessary.
- Ripened Peaches. If you have a perfectly ripe peach on hand but aren't quite ready to consume it, You can keep your peaches in the fridge in a loosely sealed plastic bag for up to 5 days, as the cooler temperatures will slow down the fruit's natural ripening process. Nevertheless, the cool air will dehydrate the peaches, so be aware of those wrinkles and try to consume them immediately.
- Unripe Peaches. If your peach isn't quite ripe but you're eager to eat it, place it in a sealed paper bag. When peaches are wrapped in a bag, ethylene is contained as well, speeding up the ripening process. Peaches will be ready in 1 to 3 days. Otherwise, simply store them at room temperature and they should ripen in 3 to 5 days on their own.
Looking for more peach recipes?
- Vegan Peach Bread - This vegan peach bread recipe is perfect for a quick but healthy breakfast. This is a great alternative if you're usually on the go and want to grab a quick snack from the fridge.
- Peach Blueberry Muffins - These aren't your typical blueberry-type muffins. The depth of flavor created by the combination of peach and blueberry is insanely delicious.
- Peachy Crumb Pie - The pie's delectable texture is enhanced by the crunchy crumble. It goes well with the peaches' delicate, sweet flavor.
This Roasted Peaches recipe is a blast of sweet, juicy, and citrusy flavor that would make any peach lover’s dream come true.
- 4 large yellow peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- A handful of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla in a baking dish. Brush the peach halves with the mixture and lay the peaches, cut-side down on a baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then brush the tops of the peaches with the juice in the dish. Bake for another 7-12 minutes.
- Serve warm with sauce drizzled on top and garnished with raspberries.
Note: This tastes great with vegan vanilla ice cream, too.
You can also use this recipe on the grill.