This Asian BBQ Chicken has a fun Asian flavor to it. I love using chicken thighs but you could use chicken breasts too.
I love having a collection of go to recipes that I know my family will eat and that are easy to prepare for a busy weeknight. Some of our other family favorites are Sesame Chicken and Spicy Honey Chicken. You can find all my chicken recipes here.
One of my goals for the new year is to be better at meal planning and to help you with your weekly meal planning. Each Sunday I send out a weekly meal plan that you can get for free by signing up for my newsletter. Just scroll down to the bottom of this post and enter your email to receive it. Its a great way to make meal planning go more smoothly! Let me do the planning for you.
Todays recipe for Asian BBQ Chicken has been on my blog almost since the beginning. I originally found the recipe over at Our Best Bites back in 2008. I didnt know Sara and Kate at the time but they have become friends in the ten plus years Ive been blogging!
How to Make Asian BBQ Chicken
- Plan Ahead. This dish is quick and easy to put together, you just need to plan a head a bit. The meat is best if it can marinate for at least 4 hours. You can even put it into marinate the night before.
- Chicken. I like to use chicken thighs for this dish but you can also use chicken breasts. If using breasts, pound the chicken so that it is an even thickness, it helps the chicken to cook more evenly.
- Grill or Oven. We like to grill this chicken and we use our grill all year round. In fact, I stood out in the rain to grill this chicken last week! If you dont have a grill you can bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Brush with the reserved marinade the last five minutes.
- Reserve marinade. Be sure and reserve some of the marinade before adding the chicken to it. You will use this marinade to brush the chicken with the last minutes of cooking. Do not use the liquid the chicken has been sitting in.
One trick I like to use with marinated meat is that when I bring the meat home from the store, I mix up the marinade and add the meat into it and then freeze it. That way the meat is marinating as it is thawing and it makes for easier and quicker meal prep on those nights when life is crazy!
This Asian BBQ Chicken is always a hit when I serve it. We like to enjoy it with:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Asian BBQ Chicken
Asian BBQ Chicken
Delicious bbq chicken with fun Asian flavors.
- 8 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless )
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (about 2 limes depending on size)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Combine everything but the chicken in a small bowl. Whisk to dissolve brown sugar
- Reserve a couple of spoonfuls of the marinade in a small bowl and place the rest, with the chicken, in a zip-lock bag.
You will use the reserved marinade to baste the chicken with the last five minutes of cooking
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, but overnight is best
Preheat a grill (or an indoor grill pan or broiler) or preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cooking surface with cooking spray and place chicken on it to cook
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on each side depending on the thickness
Brush with reserved marinade the last few minutes of cooking or grilling.
If youve tried this Asian BBQ Chicken or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then dont forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Originally posted Sept. 24, 2008