10 Things to Share #11
Posted by Admin on
10 Things to Share #11
Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. Just a note to let you know that I’ll be skipping next Sunday’s 10 Things post since it’s Christmas Day! I’ll return with a Sunday post on January 1st.
So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
Last Minute Holiday Baking!
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies are a delicious cookie recipe for everyone!
- Mint Chocolate Squares are a classic recipe that has been around for many years now.
- Christmas Shortbread Cookies are the most delicious and easy cookies to bake for the holidays!
- This recipe for White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies turns out a very pretty cookie recipe.
- White Christmas Crinkles are a white chocolate cookie drizzled in chocolate and sprinkled with chopped candy canes.
- This recipe for Peanut Butter Blossom Bars is essentially the bar form of the classic Peanut Butter Blossoms, which are nothing short of incredible. These bars are a great treat to make for the holidays.
- Baking Gingersnaps with Orange Ginger Cream Filling is one way to step up your gingersnap cookie game!
- I found a cute dress for New Year’s Eve (sale!)
- I’m currently obsessed with these gloves (in “rose” color).
- This laptop backback comes in the prettiest colors!
- I’m in love with this beanie in “carnation red.”
- Cute long-sleeve tee for winter!
- Lovely slip dress for New Year’s Eve.
- This is a beautiful blouse for fancier events (I have it in black).
- Cozy joggers look perfect for cold winter days.
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow YellowBlissRoad for easy, family-friendly recipes.
- Follow Nature.Geography for some pretty amazing nature photos around the world.
What I’m watching and reading:
- We’ve been watching Bosch Legacy on Amazon Prime. If you watched the original Bosch, you will enjoy the new one too. I also watched House of Gucci on Amazon Prime. While it wasn’t the best movie, I did find it interesting to learn about what happened to the Gucci family and how the company evolved.
- And if you’re still watching holiday movies, watch my favorites: The Holiday and The Family Man!
- I listened to an audiobook: The Measure by Nikki Erlick a few weeks ago that had a pretty interesting concept for a story. Everyone in the world wakes up one morning and there is a little box on their doorsteps with a string inside. Come to find out, the string represents the measure of one’s life. Everyone has a different size. I enjoyed listening to this one!
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Ham and Pickle Roll-Ups might be a good app for Christmas or New Years!
- Spaghetti-Stuffed Garlic Bread sounds pretty amazing.
- Ham Tetrazzini would be a good dinner to make with leftover holiday ham.
- Christmas Cranberry Pie is awfully lovely.
- Lemon Curd Cookies look amazing!
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- My college son is home! I actually sleep better when he’s in the house. I guess it’s something about being a Mom and always worrying. I’m happy to have him home. Also, he’s still connected to his website (RecipeBoy.com), so I’ll be helping him cook and photograph several recipes while he’s home.
- I’ve been doing a little holiday baking. I’ve baked several things that I will be gifting to friends and neighbors.
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- Newly released cookbook: Great British Baking Show: Favorite Flavors. If you’re a fan of the show, you might love this cookbook!
- Lawsuit claims that TGI Friday’s mozzarella sticks don’t contain any mozzarella. Uh oh.
- Celebrity chefs share their favorite holiday cookie recipes.
- Which is healthier- peanut butter or almond butter?
- Here are 20 whiskeys that won the highest honor in competition.
Last Minute Stocking Stuffer/Gift Ideas:
- Sweat Absorbing Hankies (my son swears that these are the best).
- The best Grilling Tray Set. I love these so much, and we use it every time we grill!
- Look for Spinach Artichoke Bitchin’ Sauce (they have this product at many places, but I found this amazing flavor at Whole Foods). It’s delicious with veggies and crackers.
- Warm and Cozy Winter Candle (everyone loves candles!)
- Pet Water Bottle (I have it, and it’s great!)
- Poker Chip Set (I gave this one to my son for his birthday- it’s a quality set)
- Daily Planner for 2023 (I can’t live without mine)
- iWatch bands (I have the pink one, and it’s quality)
- Look for Vegan Creamy Dill Dressing at Trader Joe’s. I’m NOT vegan, but this is a really good salad dressing.
- My favorite meat thermometer.
- Champagne Bottle Earrings are cute for New Year’s Eve.
Bake this weekend (or over the holidays!):
- Classic Crumb Cake would be a great treat to make over the holidays (for breakfast).
- Irish Bread Pudding with Caramel Whiskey Sauce is delicious for a special (adult) dessert.
- Bake some Celebration Cookies for New Year’s Eve! They’re very good shortbread cookies, and you can decorate them however you’d like.
- Bake Pink Champagne Cupcakes for a celebratory New Year’s Eve. They’re safe for kids to eat
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Oven-Baked BBQ Brisket, Fudgy Eggnog Pretzel Bark, Gingerbread Cookies, Divinity and Grandma Billie’s Cinnamon Rolls
- On RecipeBoy: A favorite holiday cookie recipe!
- On RecipesForHolidays: Oatmeal Muffins for National Oatmeal Muffin Day (Dec. 19th)
Have a wonderful week!
The post 10 Things to Share #11 appeared first on Recipe Girl®.
via Recipe Girl® https://ift.tt/8Fzqjt6
December 18, 2022 at 06:34AM